[time-nuts] Re: HP 5061Bs on ebay

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 17:37:40 UTC 2023

There were also late model 5061Bs that used the compact tube, which was a modified 5071A tube, I.E. different harness and EPROMs.
I agree when looking at a used cesium standard one should assume it is near or at "end of life" but that said personally I found a surprising number of cesium standard that the tube was excellent and the issue was related to other issues, some minor as cap failures. But ultimately CBT life is about 4-6 years for a High-Performance CBT and 8-15 years for a standard CBT. So, for us Time-Nuts it is an expensive hobby.
Cheers;
Tom Knox
SR Test and Measurement Engineer
Phoenix Research
4870 Meredith Way Apt 102
Boulder, Co 80303
Formerly of:
357 Fox Lane
Superior Co 80027
303-554-0307
actast at hotmail.com

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/marshall-fire/superior-man-moving-forward-after-losing-dream-research-lab-during-marshall-fire

"Peace is not the absence of violence, but the presence of Justice" Both MLK and Albert Einstein