[time-nuts] Re: UCCM OCXO Temperature

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jun 23 22:51:25 UTC 2023

Hi

Any time you measure a surface temperature, the “rest of the environment”
matters quite a bit. Check it in a room at 30 C you get a different answer than
25C. Have a very modest amount of air flow ( = you can barely feel it) and
you get yet a different answer.

The OCXO is likely rated to 70 or 85 C (who knows which one. Having an internal
temperature 20 to 30C above that would not be out of the question.

You have *maybe* 4 mm of insulation between the oven and the case. That’s not
a lot ……

Bob