[time-nuts] Re: 5071A Zeeman frequency querry

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sun Jun 25 20:15:43 UTC 2023

Hi Tom,

Yeah, I know the 5071A servos the Zeeman frequency to achieve the
C-field. I think FTS was the first to do that in commercial cesiums on
the FTS-4040. Fun patent to read.

Thanks for the paper. I think I've seen it swosh by some time back.

Currently updating my python script to log a 5071A into an InfluxDB
database. That and a few other things will be logged with a RPi for an
experiment. I've done it similarly for my EFOS-B masers.

I got all the fields in SYST:PRINT? pulled in now, so getting that
record along with additional environmentals and measurements should be
helpful. As always, additional Grafana views ends up being added along
the way.

Cheers,
Magnus