[time-nuts] Re: New GNSS Antenna Splitter Available

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Jun 27 21:20:05 UTC 2023

Hi Neal --

Prices have come down in the last year or two.

u-blox has a multiband mag-mount antenna for about $60:
https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/ann-mb-series

If you search eBay for "cors rtk antenna" you'll find a bunch of
base-type antennas from China for about $60-70 that claim to be L1/L2 or
L1/L2/L5.  A couple of years ago I got one that I think is the same as
some of those for about $150 and it seems to work OK (but that's not an
endorsement -- I haven't tested it thoroughly).

I suspect the difference between the <$100 ones and the more expensive
ones is what kind of bandpass filtering they have.  Using multiple SAW
filters to cover two or three bands is expensive.  As with the GUS,
whether you need that filtering depends on the kind of environment
you're in.

John
----