[time-nuts] Re: Help with pinout on Trimble NetR5 GPS receiver 26-pin connector

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Mar 4 02:58:45 UTC 2023

Hi

The “official” Trimble adapter shows up on eBay for about $50 to $70 (delivered) if
you shop for a while. It gives you the ethernet connections as well as power. The
LEMO port cable also shows up, often for a bit less money.

The gotcha is this (from the NetR5 manual):

Do not allow a battery that is in storage to discharge to below 5 V. A battery that reaches deep discharge level (5 V or less) cannot be recharged and must be replaced. (To protect a battery that is in use from deep discharge, the receiver switches power sources or stops drawing power when the battery pack discharges to 5.9 V.)

Bob