[time-nuts] HP 115BR Clock 60 Hz output option

John Vendely jvendely at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 5 14:03:40 UTC 2023

The HP 115BR clock was available with an optional 60 Hz output. The
service manual mentions the option but provides no schematic. My 115BR
has the 60 Hz output option (a front-panel placard reads "Specif. H08
115R), and after running it for over 30 years, I'm finally getting
around to using it to drive a synchronous motor clock via a small
class-D power amp and step-up transformer. However, the 60 Hz output
level is very low, around 60 mV p-p, and somewhat distorted.  I doubt HP
designed it that way.  Before going to the trouble of
reverse-engineering it, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has seen a
schematic or other information on this option?

Many Thanks,

John