[time-nuts] Re: HP 115BR Clock 60 Hz output option

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 00:24:38 UTC 2023

Sorry I can’t contribute here. My 113AR does not have a 60 Hz output
option, which could be convenient for running a standard clock. The outputs
of my 113AR are half a volt, approximately. A 60 mV output does sound on
the low side.

Possibly tvb (Tom Van Baak) will see your message and respond. He has a 115
and probably the manual too, although I don’t know if his 115 has the
option of a 60 Hz output.

Jeremy
N6WFO

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 4:22 AM John Vendely via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> The HP 115BR clock was available with an optional 60 Hz output. The
> service manual mentions the option but provides no schematic. My 115BR
> has the 60 Hz output option (a front-panel placard reads "Specif. H08
> 115R), and after running it for over 30 years, I'm finally getting
> around to using it to drive a synchronous motor clock via a small
> class-D power amp and step-up transformer. However, the 60 Hz output
> level is very low, around 60 mV p-p, and somewhat distorted.  I doubt HP
> designed it that way.  Before going to the trouble of
> reverse-engineering it, I thought I'd check to see if anyone has seen a
> schematic or other information on this option?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> John

Jeremy Nichols
Sent from my iPad 6.