[time-nuts] Re: HP 115BR Clock 60 Hz output option

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Mar 7 18:48:08 UTC 2023

On Tue, March 7, 2023 10:29 am, John Vendely via time-nuts wrote:
> If nothing else, I'm curious to see how HP
> accomplished the 60 cycle output option.

That would be interesting.
The service manual is available at ko4bb.com and has a note that the aux
output is 0.25V RMS minimum (so 0.06V is definitely below spec), and the
parts list has V102 as a photocell used for the 60 cps option only.

I am not familiar with any divider circuit which uses a photocell, but
perhaps that will ring a bell with someone else.

--
Chris Caudle