[time-nuts] Re: HP 115BR Clock 60 Hz output option

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 21:00:56 UTC 2023

Thanks, JohnV., for that timely contribution. My 113AR (“similar but
different,”) uses lights, photocells, and mechanical choppers to create
1KHz and 1 Hz pulses; it would not be much different to use a chopper wheel
with different spacing to generate a 60 Hz output.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 11:02 AM Chris Caudle via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, March 7, 2023 10:29 am, John Vendely via time-nuts wrote:
> > If nothing else, I'm curious to see how HP
> > accomplished the 60 cycle output option.
>
> That would be interesting.
> The service manual is available at ko4bb.com and has a note that the aux
> output is 0.25V RMS minimum (so 0.06V is definitely below spec), and the
> parts list has V102 as a photocell used for the 60 cps option only.
>
> I am not familiar with any divider circuit which uses a photocell, but
> perhaps that will ring a bell with someone else.
>
> --
> Chris Caudle

Jeremy Nichols
Sent from my iPad 6.