[time-nuts] Re: Frequency counter recommendation wanted

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Mar 13 21:03:07 UTC 2023

I was the R&D project manager for the 5334B in a former life.  It was a
low cost counter designed to win the low bid on big military contracts.
I had to throw it together in less than 1 year from start to ship.
It is FAR from the best counter HP made, although not the worst either.
It is also now 35 years old.  Since you have only a couple hundred
dollars to spend, maybe the '34 or '35 are the best you can do.
Don't bother with the optional C channel.  Its only interface is HP-IB
by the way, like anything of that era.

Rick
N6RK