[time-nuts] Re: Synergy / iLotus M12M Firmware

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Mar 17 08:18:29 UTC 2023

Hi Razvan,

I have not heard of new firmware for the Motorola M12 or iLotus M12M.
One suggestion is to look at the SSR6T from Synergy. I heard it was a
size, electrical, and software compatible board and likely includes
software fixes for GPS WNRO issues. Please verify with them.

More info here:

https://synergy-gps.com/products/gps/timing-boards-modules/

https://synergy-gps.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/EOL-M12M-GPS-receiver-2021.pdf

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/motorola-oncore-data-as-applied-in-z3801a/

https://synergy-gps.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/SSR-VP_UT-Single-Board-Datasheet-062922.pdf

Depending on your level of microcontroller and programming experience it
is also possible to make a transparent 1024 week fix yourself, even
within an opaque embedded instrument like a "IP clock server". This was
one of the factors that drove the SSR-6T market. A similar approach is
used by heoldesign.com for legacy Trimble Lassen receivers.

/tvb