[time-nuts] Re: Synergy / iLotus M12M Firmware

Razvan Popescu [YO8RYR] yo8ryr at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 19:31:55 UTC 2023

Hello Bob,

You are right, it is difficult to get updates but if the firmware is
designed correctly from start there should be no issues and making small
adjustments to correct something like week rollover would not be much
investment for a big company. I saw firmware engineers fixing problems
in less than 2 minutes and creating a new file.

In the end if support is not OK they will loose in the long run.

I can tell what I saw is happening with vendors that offer bad support,
they are excluded from future contracts and customers don't even
consider their products anymore once they are on the "list".

Maybe new chips are needed for navigation applications but for 1PPS and
time/date I would say 20 year old modules should be fine.

73!
Razvan