[time-nuts] Re: Using NTP Server Time To Measure WAN Performance

Keenan Tims keenan.tims at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:50:56 UTC 2023

I have used irtt[1] to make similar measurements. Even with
'semi-precision' (NTP) time sync, the one-way delay estimates and one-way
loss measurements are quite useful to pin down issues. However it has been
designed with precision timing in mind, so with PTP or stratum 1 time sync,
it will enable accurate one-way delay and jitter measurement as well.

There is no API, but the command-line client can output JSON which makes it
pretty easy to integrate into other tooling.

[1] https://github.com/heistp/irtt