[time-nuts] Re: New-To-Me HP 5071A Questions

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu May 11 02:12:45 UTC 2023

Stan I don't own a 5071. It sounds like you really did score a heck of a
nice piece of gear.
With respect to the batteries if original are available thats the way to
go. You should have the make and model number on the batteries.
If not then I firmly believe the same shape, AH, and size SLA will work.
Also I seem to remember you could connect an external battery. I had a 5071
here for 3 months a number of years ago. If substituting a battery the new
ones typically have the float voltage stamped on them or in the spec sheet.
Just check that the 5071 is operating at the right voltage. To low and
never fully charges. To high and you heat the battery. Both issues shorten
life and available current.
Congrats
Paul
WB8TSL