[time-nuts] Re: Trimble NetRS operation hints

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed May 24 19:13:48 UTC 2023

Hi

The “weak link” in the NetRS is the flash memory card. Best to make a copy of it while
it’s still working. It may be fine for a very long time. It could fail tomorrow.

Config wise, there’s not a lot to the beast. You turn things on and tell it what you want
to do. Pull log files, translate them and send them off to NRCan for processing.

One “interesting” thing I’ve just started noticing: My NetRS collection has started having
dropout periods at certain times of the day. Other GPS receivers on the same antennas
do fine. All of the NetRS boxes go out together and come back together. No idea of
exactly why ….. (but I do have some suspicions …).

Bob