[time-nuts] Plausible explanation for TSC5110A output pattern?

AC0XU (Jim) James.Schatzman at ac0xu.com
Sat Nov 11 11:55:09 UTC 2023

Time Nuts-

Usually the output of my TSC5110A and TSC5120A analyzers looks like you would expect - a random walk. Occasionally, I get a much more structured phase pattern, like this one, from a TSC5110A. The period of quasi-periodic pattern is 16 sec in this case.

Again, the instrument normally produces a typical-looking random walk pattern. With some pairs of DUT oscillators, the output looks like this instead, when you zoom in a look closely.

Does anyone have a plausible explanation for this type of pattern?

Thanks-
Jim

Emacs!
Emacs!