[time-nuts] Re: 468-DC upgrade

Matt Krick dcflux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 03:43:30 UTC 2023

Forgot to mention that the GPS module you use needs to be programmed to
provide only the $GPZDA NMEA string, Serial baud at 9600, N, 8, 1 and the 1
PPS signal needs to be changed to a 100 PPS instead. Here is the config
file that works on a UBLOX LEA-5T module that can be found off eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134203047949

The clock will be quite a bit off on first power up as the leap seconds I
understand only come around every 15 minutes.  Also after a good GPS sync
my clock seems to lag a WWVB clock by about 700mS, my guess is GPS is UT1
and WWVB is UTC but I am not positive there.