[time-nuts] Re: Brain Burp re Noon and the Sun!

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 13:46:59 UTC 2023

I can see how you are thinking Clive, so I wonder if the (hopefully!)
attached image will help.  (A picture is worth a thousand words!)  I found
an image online with lines of latitude and longitude, shown at a tilt,
similar to the Earth at the Spring or Autumn equinoxes, as viewed from the
orbital plane.  I've added a red line which is perpendicular to that plane,
which I believe is what you are thinking would represent solar noon.
However, the blue line shows the axis of rotation, and even at extreme
latitudes. places along the same line of longitude will be closest to the
sun at the same moment.  (If I have understood things correctly?)

     Regards,

          Peter Vince