[time-nuts] Re: Seems like the new version PN2060C is available for sale US$680

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Oct 7 14:07:08 UTC 2023

Bob Camp via time-nuts writes:

> One way or the other, the spurs are from an internal source in the device. [...]

That is why I was surprised to see that they retained the USB interface ?

As a first order approximation, anything related to USB is cost
optimized, and therefore EMI/EMC efforts terminate the moment the
spurs are 3dB under the template.

They do have a comment about stationary vs. laptop giving different
spurs, so I guess they are aware of it.

At that level of ambition I would have reached for batteries +
linear PSU + fiber-optics, even though it would be both more
cumbersome and costly.