[time-nuts] Re: Lucent KS-24361

alan bain alan.bain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:18:53 UTC 2023

Alan

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 at 00:34, Bob Stewart via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> Some years ago a bunch of us bought a number of these Lucent KS-24361 unit
> pairs.  Mine has been in storage till now, and I'm trying to bring it back
> up using old notes.  So far I'm not getting anywhere and I was wondering if
> these things have maybe fallen foul of the 1024-week GPS bug?  Anyone
> know?  I guess my next step is to get the comms to it working regardless.

I’ve got one working fine thanks to assistance received here! You do need
to tell it current date and time over the SCPI interface to sort the 1024-
state, but while remaining powered up it should be fine. I added a battery
backup to the Oncore board to speed up startup in future after a power down.

I found it helpful to get the oncore board functioning on its own first
(you simply need a psu and rs232 to ttl adaptor). The winoncore software
still worked on win11 (found I think on KO4BB).

There are potential tantalum capacitor issues - and they may cause
collateral damage. I had to replace one and a transistor which had
self-decapped.

Alan