[time-nuts] Re: Eloran long test from now to August or September.

Jürgen Appel jap at dfm.dk
Mon Sep 25 09:30:18 UTC 2023

Hej Bob,

On Sunday, 24 September 2023 18:38:34 CEST Bob Camp via time-nuts wrote:

> Hi
>
> The issue with doing this with a low cost SDR board is not so much receiving
> / demodulating the signal. It’s a pretty good bet somebody out there has
> been there / done that. The issue is pulling an accurate “time pulse” out
> of your typical SDR setup.  This is a  somewhat unusual thing to want to
> do. Finding a “stock” setup on a low cost board that does this will be a
> bit of a challenge.
> Bob

Not that I have any experience in (E)Loran, but what about generating a time
signal yourself and adding it to the RF input (in the most basic realization
by simply pulsing off or AM modulating the RF input with an RF-switch, or
slightly more sophisticated by adding a micro-controller generated PRN-time-
code)? Then you you could recover the time-stamp from your recorded, de-
modulated data.

Cheers,
	Jürgen