[time-nuts] Re: Eloran long test from now to August or September

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Mon Sep 25 18:51:04 UTC 2023

I would like to pose a rather ignorant question to the group relating to Loran reception.  My participation has been very small since the Loran system hasn’t been on my main interest list except for checking in to see if the three stations that are testing eLoran in the Pacific northwest are still functioning (which they are).

I am not knowledgeable about how many on this list are totally decoding the Loran signal to determine what station they are listening to or are simply looking at the pulse trains.  With the plethora of Loran C stations still in operation around the world as compared to the more rare eLoran ones how many are actually identifying the type of signal source that they receive?

Greg