[time-nuts] Re: BBC Radio Pips

glenlist glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Thu Feb 1 23:36:20 UTC 2024

maybe.

the problem is many audio streams do not have presentation time stamps.
(PTS) IE when to present it (absolute time)

Video+audio streams have relative PTSs  to ensure lip sync once
presented to the user.

I have 3 different DAB radio sets in my house and they ALL have
different presentation  delays so having the cricket on in different
rooms with different radios is a audible delay mess.