[time-nuts] Re: pps pulse timestamp device

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:23:53 UTC 2024

Just out of interest, did you characterize the PLL jitter on this part?
When I was experimenting
with STM32s I found there was quite significant clock jitter even with the
spread-spectrum clocking
turned off. It did average to zero over any reasonable sampling period, but
it also made individual
timestamps quite noisy.

- Pete