[time-nuts] Re: Injection locking via common power supply

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Feb 22 15:43:58 UTC 2024

Hi

A very normal way to do this is with decent ferrite beads / cores. Yes, they will be a bit bulky if you don’t want them to saturate. You also need to get the right material for your target frequency range. Since they are going to be resistive over the “target frequency range” there is very little concern about resonance.

If your capacitor is down in the < 10 mili ohm range, a bead that provides “only” 10 ohms would give you > 60 db of attenuation.

Since you also want a low source resistance for your supply, the “zero impact” of an add on bead / core has other advantages as well.

Bob