[time-nuts] Re: Need power requirements for the Z3805A

Lon Cottingham k5jvlon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:18:00 UTC 2024

Greetings to the Group,

       There are at least three different versions of power supplies for
the Z3801A, each with different input voltage requirements.  The required
voltage for each unit can be found on the back of the chassis, in very
small letters, near the power plug.  I strongly recommend not using a
current limited power supply as the peak start-up current will
probably shut the power supply down, especially if the Z3801A  has been
unpowered for some time.  A  surplus transformer, two diodes, and an
electrolytic capacitor are all that is needed.  It will fit nicely inside
the box.  Enjoy.

73 de Lon, K5JV
281-795-1335