[time-nuts] Synergy SSR receiver in the Symmetricom 58503B

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Wed Jan 24 14:47:25 UTC 2024

Synergy’s single-board, u-Blox based, SSR Series replacement receiver (for Motorola VP, UT receivers)
https://synergy-gps.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/SSR-VP_UT-Single-Board-Datasheet-062922.pdf
has been sucessfully tested with the Symmetricom 58503B GPS Time and Frequency Reference Receiver.
https://avalontest.com/images/uploaded/Agilent-58503B-Specifications-B96FB.pdf

My 58503B currently running the Synergy SSR on my electronics bench. The replacement receiver does “Lock” faster, than the original Motorola unit.
The GPS “reported date” is now correct (WNRO resolution), without internal program adjustment.

greg
w9gb