[time-nuts] Re: Motorola UT Still Going

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Tue Mar 5 14:11:27 UTC 2024

Hi Art,

Thanks for the plot. I think I have a few VPs around, and natually an M12+.

The "hill" around tau=1000s seems to be in the rough scale of a handfull
of ns errors, which makes at least me think about sawtooth error, and
what clock is used to generate PPS, dvs. compensation of sawtooth
errors. If you could spread some light into what the numbers are it
would be appreciated.

While things in general is improving is good, but it is also clear that
oldest (VP - blue) is not worst.

I used to find datasheets for the Motorola GPS receiver chips. Do you
happen to have that in your stash so you can share with us for historic
reference?

Cheers,
Magnus