[time-nuts] Re: Sulzer 5B Quartz Frequency Standard Questions

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:56:56 UTC 2024

Agree with Martin and will add one more bit that I believe is the case. The
cap is a glass cylinder that a piston goes into or out of. The outside of
the glass is coated with metal. The cap is relative and in reality I may
guess with age you are bottomed out at 2 turns.
If thats the case look at the circuit and you need to add some capacitance
to get the cap back in the middle range. The numbers are just relative. Not
a big deal to get it semi-recentered.
Paul
WB8TSL