[volt-nuts] Best reference after LTZ1000

Andrea Baldoni erm191ba3 at ermione.com
Sat Aug 14 18:05:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 03:27:24PM +0000, Mark Sims wrote:

> Look at the cheap voltage references at voltagestandard.com ?He uses a TI
> REF50xx chip. ?He also sells a current reference.

Thank you. It's interesting!

I think anyway I could reach same (hope better) results with the hardware I
bought. For instance I would try to not put in a trimmer in such a way to
degrade the performance of the reference. Better not trim at all instead.

The only problem is that I lack the opportunity to calibrate what I build
against another reference... I live in Italy and labs and individuals with
adequate instrumentation are not so easy to find...

About the Fluke meters and their lifetime long calibration, I already heard
of this and I could confirm it, but I have just an hand held 177 and it lacks
enough digits to be sure. Wonder if someone has feedback about the drift of
the 34401A (and 34970A that has the same voltmeter inside).

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni

---
Ermione s.r.l.