[volt-nuts] MREAD 3458A

Oz-in-DFW lists at ozindfw.net
Thu Aug 26 21:23:05 UTC 2010

On 8/26/2010 2:54 PM, Dr. Frank Stellmach wrote:
>  " So I would recommend you make a backup of the CALRAM with the MREAD
>
> command (I described how to in a post some time back) and let your
> batteries run out.
>
> If like me, you keep the meter powered, it may never happen.
The batteries them selves have a self discharge mechanism.  Most are far
better than their rated leakge, but still have finite leakage and will
eventually die.  They will also eventually fail, and some fixed
percentage will fail short. I've replaced a number of the Dallas parts
who's batteries failed short.

Back it up.

mailto:oz at ozindfw.net
Oz