[volt-nuts] Keithley 2001 Multimeter Fault

Alan Scrimgeour scrimgap at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 08:50:00 UTC 2010

Good idea, thanks, I'll check.

Alan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sims" <holrum at hotmail.com>
To: <volt-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 4:50 AM
Subject: [volt-nuts] Keithley 2001 Multimeter Fault

Check the input voltage to the regulator.  If it is over 7V then you can use
a normal 3 terminal regulator (7805, LM340, etc).  The LM1086 has a bit less
dropout than these.

I have seen lots of designs where LDO regulators were used when the input
voltage was high enough for a regular regulator.

I hadn't realised the LM2940CT-5 was so dependant on the output capacitor
capacitance and ESR for stability until  I tested one just now. Can anyone
recommend an upgrade?
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/