[volt-nuts] have the 7061. You let yours on for twenty four hours. I do that with, my calibrators ect but I did it once with my solartron and I allmost had, a fire. It was over 30 degrees Celcius and the meter got so hot it

Bill Ezell wje at quackers.net
Fri Aug 5 14:18:05 UTC 2011

I have two 7061's, and yes, they run quite hot. I do leave mine on for
months at a time, though, and they run just fine. Don't touch that
little metal box inside, though. It gets VERY hot. :)
Amusing thing is that it's not an oven, it's just a shield around some
noisy 74Sxxx chips.

Regardless of how hot they seem to run, they were designed for
continuous use. I figure if they've lasted 30 years, they'll probably
keep going.

The 7081 runs considerably cooler.

--
Bill Ezell