[volt-nuts] Resistance standard

Rob Klein rob.klein at smalldesign.nl
Mon Aug 22 12:06:14 UTC 2011

Hi Robert,

Now why do I never make such a 'find'? ;-) You are right that the
Z-foils are (supposedly) much more stable than the 742A, which is
exactly what started me on my quest.

I did receive those VHP202Z's in late March last year and did some very
brief testing on them. However, what with getting married,
becoming father to a son and having major work done on the house and
incidentally having to run my business as well, I'm afraid
I've had to curb my nuttery since then. Also, the arrival of two Fluke
5440B's in need of some TLC has taken up quite a bit of time.

So, overall, not much progress on the standard front. Until, that is, I
happened upon an ESI SR104, last week! That, in itself is of course
all the standard I would ever require and so there is no real need to
roll my own any more. Still, I wouldn't be much of a nut if I'd let
that stop me. Now, at least, I have the penultimate standard to compare
my home-brew against.

Best regards,
Rob.