[volt-nuts] LTZ1000ACH and LTZ1000CH in China

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Sat Aug 27 09:33:40 UTC 2011

Lymex Zhang wrote:

>2.      Used
>
>http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/20118/271643256989.JPG
>
>http://www.zmdz.com/bbs/incomefiles/20118/27163828901.JPG
>
>Original marking and short legged as dismantled from used board, cheap and
>pre-aged, these are the best.

I've heard horror stories (some on this list) about how components
are removed from boards -- putting the boards in a wood fire or
holding the board up to a gas burner, then whacking the board on
something so the parts fly off.  If the reports are true (and I have
no way of knowing, but the photos in the links above certainly do not
give the impression that the parts were removed carefully with proper
desoldering equipment), I'm not sure I'd trust the used parts to be
in pristine condition any more.

Best regards,

Charles