[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 testing

Тимофеев Михаил timka2k at yandex.ru
Thu Dec 1 11:35:06 UTC 2011

Hi, my friends! Hi, Joe!

Now, I examine the characteristics of the Solartron 7081 after ROM upgrade, PCB repairing and small schematic modifications. I need some help with the measurements with a known good device 7081, connected to PC with the RS232 and terminal program. Measurements does not require any special input or input leads at all, only some terminal commands and result logs needed.
Step 1: Activate terminal program and log all output to the file. Switch on the 7081.
Step 2: Via 7081 front panel buttons select 7x9 mode and TRACK.
Step 3: Via terminal program enter the following two commands:
OUTPUT,RS232,ON
DRIFT,OFF
MODE,TEST0
After that, TSTV0 appears on the 7081 display with ADC zero measurement results.
Step 4: Wait approximately 30-60 minutes while the statistics are collected and saved to log file.
Step 5: Enter the following commands via terminal program. After each command need a delay about 20-30 sec for result sampling!!!
DRIFT,NOW
MODE,TEST10
DRIFT,NOW
MODE,TEST0
DRIFT,NOW
MODE,TESTK
DRIFT,NOW
MODE,TEST0
DRIFT,NOW

That's all! Now you can stop logging, turn off the 7081 and shut down the terminal program.

Mickle T.