[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 testing

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Dec 1 14:38:00 UTC 2011

Mickle,

I can probably do this if I can find the time.  Perhaps this weekend.  Will
I be doing anything to upset my 'fresh' calibration?

Just to make sure I understand the commands, can you send me the command
list with parenthesis around what I need to enter, such as (OUTPUT,RS232,ON)
(DRIFT,OFF), etc.  I don't want to add additional stuff to the command that
should not be there.  I also note there is a 'TEST0' which I think is a zero
but since there is a 'TESTK', I just want to make sure.  I have not read the
manual in detail.  Are these commands discussed in the manual?  Also, do I
need to 'short' the input or just leave it open?  If I need to 'short' the
input, do I 'short' just 'Lo' to 'Hi' or do I need to include the 'Ohm
source' Lo and Hi as well as the 'Guard'?  How long do I need to let the
meter 'warm up' before running the tests?

What ROM upgrade did you do?

Would also love to see the details of your repair.

Joe