[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 testing

Михаил timka2k at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 4 19:51:48 UTC 2011

Joe,
I am very grateful to you! All of the data your acquired was completely
coincided with my results. Now I'm think I'm found a bottleneck in the Solartron
7081 perfomance. Slow analog multiplexor that are part of the Ratio
Circuit leads to improper function of the periodic drift correction (ADC Zero,
AutoZero) and to large DC voltage measurement errors, up to 5-7 ppm at the all
ranges.
This is the simple description of the problem I found: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9798/solartron7081autozerobu.jpg
This is the summary of the your measurement results: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/636/adczero.png
This is the multiplexor and ADC schematic diagrams with my comments:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2377/solartron7081adc.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/371/solartron7081ratiocircu.jpg

Mickle T.