[volt-nuts] 3458A - calibration constants coding

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Nov 5 11:34:01 UTC 2011

In message <4EB50F9C.7000602 at freenet.de>, Frank Stellmach writes:

>The content of the first two constants by MEMREAD:

Which are the exact addresses you did MREAD from ?

You have understood that MREAD reads 16 bits so you should only
give it even addresses and that for the CALRAM only 8 of the 16
bits are valid ?

	ID?
	HP3458A
	MREAD 393216
	16569
	MREAD 393218
	-7239
	MREAD 393220
	-30791

Which means that the first three bytes are 0x40, 0xe3 and 0x87

	>>> "%x" % 16569
	'40b9'
	>>> "%x" % (65536-7239)
	'e3b9'
	>>> "%x" % (65536-30791)
	'87b9'

>This is my question: Is the content of the NVRAM, if read out on a
>programmer, also encrypted as described above, or does this occur only
>by the MEMREAD function?

There is no encryption or anything of the sort.