[volt-nuts] 3458A - calibration constants coding

Frank Stellmach frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Sat Nov 5 12:00:58 UTC 2011

Poul-Henning,
thanks for your hint!

I thought, that I had stripped off the bytes from the words correctly,
as you have described, but I had to do it in Pascal because of the
drivers for my old ISA bus GPIB card. Therefore I will check the type
conversion in the program for this error.

Anyhow, the 253 constants obviously have been stored in ascending order
as Dreal, word, byte, and so on, so they can be identified easily, (if
the readout is done correctly).

My question expressed differently: Has anybody checked, that MEMREAD
really delivers the same content, as a direct NVRAM readout?

I want to be sure, that HP did not put any traps on this undocumented
function.

Frank