[volt-nuts] Review: Vishay Z foil resistors as Secondary Ohm Standards

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Mon Nov 21 09:23:33 UTC 2011

Frank Stellmach <frank.stellmach at freenet.de> writes:

> Hello Volt-Nuts,
>
> The experiments and the following discussion with Vishay took nearly
> one year, until now I am able to present a final result.
> Further details about the measurements and the setup will be given later.
> I now have a personal, thorough understanding of Vishays Z-foil
> technology and its capabilities.
> This can also be found between the following lines.

[Snipped great report on Z-foils, thanks Frank...]

Hi All,

Are the VAR type "naked" z-foils good for anything? They seem targetted
at the audiophool crowd. I was wondering about a DIY hermetically sealed
assembly. For example could it be mounted in one of those big old
crystal packages and hand soldered for sealing? I have never tried to do
this but it seems feasible.

--

John Devereux