[volt-nuts] Pickering Patent

Frank Stellmach frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Fri Oct 21 20:07:14 UTC 2011

Hi John,

the "degaussing" technique by Pickering (for former Metron Corp.) is
used in the Fluke 7000 reference, which is based on the LTZ1000.

This would be an interesting volt-nuts project, to add an degausser
circuitry, as it seems that it can be realized easily.

On the other hand, I did not find hysteresis effects on a 1ppm level yet
on my 2 (3) LTZ1000 references, although my dearest wife has cut off the
supply of my double LTZ standard for a few days to save energy.
Until then, the box had been running for about 2 years without
interruption, and they had been and still are in agreement with the
3458A and the 5442A to the mentioned stability level.

Frank