[volt-nuts] Best Vref part ?

zbigniew169 zbigniew169 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:25:03 UTC 2011

In my opinion LTZ1000A seems to be the best option (this is not only my
opinion...), but suggestion of Warren using aged 1N825 is also very
attractive, especialy when you can buy it by $1 piece.

Look here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1N825-6-2-Volt-Temperature-Comp-Reference-Diode-/270812844833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0db41321#ht_928wt_1061

I confess I bought 30 pcs from this source.

2011/9/30 Fred Schneider <pa4tim at gmail.com>

> I want to make some good ( better then the ones I made) Vrefs. Better as in
> longtime stability and tempco. Just for fun.
> The ones I made upto now have a short time drift of 1 to 3 ppm, longtime ??
> They are on for a month now, and begin to stabilize.
> I have the schematic from Warren that uses the 1n825, i can buy that from
> Farnell.
> I have a schematic that uses a LT1021B, also for sale at Farnell.
> But I have read about LM199/299/399 that is temperature controlled
> LTZ1000 that should be very good and VRE4100 but non of those sold by
> Farnell.
> What is the best option ? I am not a company so I can not order
> evereywhere. I can buy from R&S, Farnell and Conrad. I have no ebay acount
> because I do not like auctions and bidding.
>
> Fred PA4TIM

Zbyszek