[volt-nuts] Best Vref part ?

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Fri Sep 30 08:58:50 UTC 2011

Fred Schneider <pa4tim at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to make some good ( better then the ones I made) Vrefs. Better as in longtime stability and tempco. Just for fun.
> The ones I made upto now have a short time drift of 1 to 3 ppm, longtime ?? They are on for a month now, and begin to stabilize.
> I have the schematic from Warren that uses the 1n825, i can buy that from Farnell.

I am trying this too - it is not easy, the diodes I have are quite
drifty and it is hard to identify the zero-TC current. I have 20 pieces
that have had a few days burn-in so far. I need to work on my technique.

> I have a schematic that uses a LT1021B, also for sale at Farnell.
> But I have read about LM199/299/399 that is temperature controlled
> LTZ1000 that should be very good and VRE4100 but non of those sold by
> Farnell.

> What is the best option ? I am not a company so I can not order
> evereywhere. I can buy from R&S, Farnell and Conrad. I have no ebay
> acount because I do not like auctions and bidding.

You can buy LTZ1000 (and LM399) direct from the Linear web
site. Gauranteed Genuine! I just bought two, arrived yesterday. :)

I am a company, but I doubt that matters much in this case.

--

John Devereux