[volt-nuts] Solartron 7061 help request (eeprom?)

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:27:25 UTC 2012

I also do not understand the refresh. Still not after this text, but that is because I do know nothing about digital stuff. I was thinking it as a sort of reset to factory calibration. But it writes the RAM to a EEPROM. Does that mean that the battery not hold the calibration I do in RAM when it is switched of for a while ? That would explain some problems.
Or is it just in case the battery gets empty or  is replaced ?
I did not dare to try it because I was afraid that I removed firmware or other things so my meter will not function.

I heard from other 7061 users it can get very hot. The current draw is within specs. Without manual I do not know the allowed ripple or where to measure witch voltage, so I meaured on the filter caps for ripple and that did not look strange. To be sure I checke the caps and they were OK

Besides a voltnut I'm a component measurement freak. I have a whole arsenal of component testers, from Curvetracer, via LCR meters ( commercial and home build)  to VNAs.
I measure capacitance down to fF, resistors up to petaOhms, coils down to nHs. Measure parasitics from components just for fun. If I fix a meaurement instrument (and i do that a lot) i alway examine the bad parts. So if I find a bad electrolyte or cap, i replace it but keep the bad one apart for measurement. I check ESR, soakage, capacitance, DC leakage, sometimes frequency behaviour and if it is strange enough I take it apart. http://www.pa4tim.nl/?p=1385. This one i used in a story about cap testing. It was reduced to a few pF. Inside the electrode was rotten away. And I was crazy enough to build the new one in this old housing ( it is from a  beautifull tek 1S1 sample plugin)

Fred PA4TIM

Op 26 feb. 2012 om 17:15 heeft Михаил <timka2k at yandex.ru> (Mickle) het volgende geschreven: