[volt-nuts] Solartron 7061 help request (eeprom?)

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 22:55:12 UTC 2012

Thanks, i will try the refresh.
After it got so hot, on a hot summer , around 30 degrees, that I thought someting got fire, i opened it and it smelled burned. It was on top of a calibrator and two cm under a wooden shelf. The wood was very hot too. The part that produced the heat was the transformer. The metal case next to it also gets to hot to touch.  I measured (after opening the cabinet a transformer temperature around 58 degrees Celcius. ( if I remember wel)
It has now nothing on top of it, i put some heatransfer paste on the cabinet and mounted a heatsink om it, right above the transformer. The cabinet has a shape inside that touches the transformer like it has the function to cool the transformer. An other voltnut told me the tin next to the transformer was to hot to toutch in his 7061 too.
So I' m curious about yours.

Oh, the heatproblem was before I had replaced the dead nicd ( only could get a nimh), i do not know the schmatic but I do not think a shorted nicad can draw exessive current, it's current  is probably low and resistor limmited. Now in winter it just gets hot, but stil to hot to my liking, altough the keithleys also get rather warm.

I like the 2000 very much. I like the 196 because the big digits and the 2000 because of the functions.

Fred PA4TIM

Op 26 feb. 2012 om 23:28 heeft FabioEb at quipo.it het volgende geschreven: