[volt-nuts] Thermistor value for 732A Reference 10V Standard

Leedyt at aol.com Leedyt at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 23:04:06 UTC 2012

Hi!

Can anyone give me a rough value of the thermistor resistance that is
brought out to the front panel of a Fluke 732A DC Reference Standard (lower
left-hand side)?  The thermistor is for the user to monitor the temperature  of
the oven that contains the voltage reference.  I see a resistance that
starts out at 6600 Ohms (unit was nearly cold) and climbs and levels out at
about 8400 Ohms after a day, or so.  Is this reasonable?  The  thermistor is
given in the parts list as RT2, a Fenwal JA41J1 (no longer made)  and on the
schematic as a 10K @ 25C unit.  So this doesn't make  sense.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Or is just simpler to  replace
the thermistor with a 100 Ohm RTD and be done with it?  Or would  this drive
the calibration labs nuts?

Any references or advice would be appreciated.

Tom Leedy
Clarksburg, MD