[volt-nuts] HP 3457A Arrived

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Thu Aug 22 15:31:28 EDT 2013

I got the OK to open the 3457A. I didn't see anything that was obviously
loose or broken. I reseated all connectors and also the socketed ROM. It
now powers up and passes self test (at least twice so far). I did all this
over lunch, so tonight I will be taking an even closer look at things.

While I had it open, I looked it over a bit. All the chips are dated late
1991 or early 1992. The old optocoupler has been replaced by two chips that
span the slot in the board.

The battery looks like it is probably original. The solder connections
don't look re-done. The battery is a Panasonic BR-2/3AE2SP. The tab on one
end has one point, the other end has two. Mouser sells these for $5.24.

Joe Gray
W5JG