[volt-nuts] Voltage to frequency

Marvin E. Gozum marvin.gozum at jefferson.edu
Mon Jul 29 20:41:53 EDT 2013

Academically speaking, the Josephson voltage standard is frequency to
voltage conversion, but its still fairly involved to maintain.

http://www.ptb.de/cms/en/fachabteilungen/abt2/abt2-josephson.html

http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/16237/InTech-Development_of_josephson_voltage_standards.pdf

JJ on a chip commercially.

http://www.hypres.com/products/voltage-standard/#Features%2FSpecifications

At 05:09 PM 7/29/2013, Charles P. Steinmetz wrote:
>Joe wrote:
>
> > Since it is relatively easy and inexpensive to have a very accurate
> > frequency standard at home, I wondered how difficult would it be
> > to use that standard to create an accurate voltage standard.
> >
> > *   *   *   Since this method apparently isn't being used,
> > there must be some reason. Can anyone enlighten me?
>
>As others have said, it is the [in]accuracy of V/F converters and
>the complexity of having to make two accurate modules instead of just one.

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.