[volt-nuts] Voltage to frequency

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Tue Jul 30 14:43:16 EDT 2013

The main issue here is that any "frequency to voltage" or "voltage to
frequency" will still need a precision voltage reference *as well* as,
now, a precision frequency reference. So you are no further forward. You
may as well just use the voltage reference directly!

As Mitch says there are also precision PWM circuits, but these too need
a voltage reference in the circuit. The advantage with PWM is that it is
possible to generate very accurate ratios (or make adjustments) without
needing precision resistors.

PWM is probably the way to go for a precision *variable* voltage. But it
does not get you out of needing a precision fixed voltage reference to
refer it to.

John

--

John Devereux